Thursday, March 10, 2011

CEP 810 : Personal Learning Reflection


Some of the things that I have learned about effective teaching is that you need understand the students understanding of technology and their possible limits if there are some.  Interating the internet has helped by learning of the technologies that require the use of the internet like Wordle and a Webquest. Because it is the internet that means that it will be helpful to find other technologies, stay up to date, or even be aware of the changes of older technologies.  Even at the end of the this course, I still feel that the Visual PLN is the assignment exemplifies good teaching with technology. I say this because it exemplifies creativity and made easy for students to identify with but still gives the broadness to be simple or as intricate as the student’s desire.  
Hmmm, how I have met my goals, well, from doing the SIG presentation and being in the course period, I have increased my understanding of new technologies that can be used. I do plan to implement the use of Wordle in all my teachings, as a introduction to getting to know the students.  Technologies like Jing and Camtasia that will allow advanced creativity with projects. My new goals, well the never-ending goal is to always obtain more knowledge about technology that can be used for educational purposes.  As I continue to play with my Xbox Kinect system, I am realizing that overwhelming potential to create interactive games for education and enhanced learning. So with that said, the goal is to write a paper and have it published about potentialities of this commercial system having a major educational influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment