Monday, January 24, 2011

CEP 810 RSS Page Reflection

Oh so I must admit that this Jing thing is pretty awesome.  Here is my screen dump of the blog I commented on.
http://screencast.com/t/AiDHEUzpD

Here is the screen dump of my RSS feeds
http://screencast.com/t/cLaq79FOX

Honestly, I have not quite learned much yet, but I have been interested in some of the things I have read, just about technology in general. The blog I am following, the guy seems pretty cool and geeky, some of his post that has caught my fancy tapped in technology and media, which are both high in my educational focuses. I am sure I will probably end up emailing the author directly. How I am going to incorporate these RSS feeds into my own practice....well, my feeds are about technology, gaming, everything geek wise, and a blog that deals with educational technology. Seeing how all of these areas are very much relevant to my life, future career goals and research.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(updated 2/7) So one thing that I have realized while reading the blog that I am following, is that, this guy is cool. I say that because I am a movie fanatic and plan on my future research to pertain to movies, television and gaming. So when I read some of his previous post, he talks about movies, and in one partic  ular post, he talked about Terminator 2: Judgment Day and how it can be related to future of education. ( http://edtechlife.com/?p=2704 ). So in reading his posts, and following what technologies are coming out, changing and updating, and the updates on entertainment media (video games, movies, and television) I feel more confident to in discussing this things in the classroom. Not that I didnt before, just always better to try and have more knowledge than the student, but sometimes they can definitely out do you.

1 comment: