Monday, February 21, 2011

CEP 810: Learning Styles


Okay, so, based on the descriptions of the learning styles this is what mine should say, and how I know myself. I would call myself a VisualAudTracKin Learner, (YES ALL OF THEM), because in reading them all, I take portions from them that make up me. The main part is definitely visual I feel better when I can see what it is I am supposed to be learning. At the same time, hearing what I am seeing helps me able to make sense of it all (That is how I use to do it in my college Spanish courses). Those are what help me learn, but what help keeps the information retained is from the hand-on part, hence my doing web and graphic design. Being able to see the code, or see the effects occur helped me retain, the codes and procedures, especially doing them over repeatedly. And most of all, I know I definitely have a problem sitting still, still.

Now, with all of this said, my experiences, the vast majority of them have been of a physical visual hands-on stand point. In undergrad I did well in all my hands on (programming and art) classes, if it were not neither of those, then I just barely passed them or pass them at all. The less effective strategies, were the lectures with no pictures, or just the long 2-3 hr no movement classes. For some reason, I just could not focus. I think the focus should be more on a visual/hands on approach. I say that because those are the more active approaches that best helped for me, and that they others can be done a with more ease. When I was teaching, putting together a lesson that can translate properly into images was a much more difficult, yet I still enjoyed it.


Here are what my skills include, understanding charts and graphs, a good sense of direction, sketching, painting, creating visual metaphors and analogies (perhaps through the visual arts), manipulating images, constructing, fixing, designing practical objects, interpreting visual images.

 listening, speaking, story telling, explaining, teaching, using humor, understanding the syntax and meaning of words, remembering information, convincing someone of their point of view, analyzing language usage.

problem solving, classifying and categorizing information, working with abstract concepts to figure out the relationship of each to the other, handling long chains of reason to make local progressions, doing controlled experiments, questioning and wondering about natural events,
dancing, physical co-ordination, sports, hands on experimentation, using body language, crafts, acting, miming, using their hands to create or build, 

Recognizing their own strengths and weaknesses, reflecting and analyzing themselves, awareness of their inner feelings, desires and dreams, evaluating their thinking patterns, reasoning with themselves, understanding their role in relationship to others

No comments:

Post a Comment