Monday, February 7, 2011

CEP 810: PC Maintenance and Security

For my first tutorial I picked some that would be more beneficial to keeping my computer running well and safe, so I choose the Spyware Blaster. One thing that I will be sharing with others, is really just to make sure that they have the software on their computer. I know I am a bit more tech savvy than others I know, and probably the most techiest in my family, so I want to make sure they are safe as well as me. For this one, no there was surprising information, just very informative.
 

The second tutorial I chose, was the Facts about Cookies, and this I chose just for more information. I think from this one, I would share with others just be aware of what sites they go to, which can lead to better and less annoying web use. What I found surprising was the more detail ways that cookies operate that I did not know, and why some advertisements pop up. Also, I did not know that is how bigger more major sites are able to make recommendations to people with out actually asking. Lastly, I always thought that a cookie  would like some long C++ code, and it didnt, which makes think, maybe I should have went into computer programming (haha, never)

The third tutorial I chose was the IDS and IPS, and I selected this one just because I was curious about what it was. What I learned and may share with others, well at least with my geeks, is that anti software only works by what it has in its database, and so people should always make sure their database is updated regularly. What I found surprising is how malware actually intrudes and changes things that most people would not be aware of or check for.   This lab in general has definitely help me keep my techs and toys safe and updated.


 

1 comment:

  1. Great picks! The more you know, the less problems you will have with your computer=8-)

    ReplyDelete